Tonight we had tacos. I can't eat corn (also, due to my breastfed daughter's intolerance), so I had taco salad. I still enjoyed the taco flavors, but with some added nutrition from the romaine lettuce. Romaine provides calcium which is important to me since I can't drink milk.
I used Trader Joe's taco seasoning as it contains only spices. Others have fillers, most notably corn flour. Watch out for your seasoning choice as I wouldn't be surprised if some had some kind of wheat or dairy filler.
So here was our dinner:
Corn tortillas (lettuce for me)
Grass-fed beef seasoned with TJ's taco seasoning
Taco sauce (read label carefully)
TJ guacamole (GFCF)
Tomatoes
Onion
Retried beans on the side.
My hubby had cheese bc he can- lucky guy.
My toddler doesn't care for beef so she had black beans over white rice with garlic salt. I wish I could say she had some veggies but all she did was suck out the insides of a couple cherry tomatoes. :)
If I hadn't been so sleep-deprived due to new baby, I would have added cantaloupe as a desert. For some reason, it's so refreshing to me with Mexican food.
No comments:
Post a Comment